Friday, June 23, 2017

Journey to Tokyo Disney Resort - Part 16 - When the Human Fell in Love - 4/13/16

The human here. Here is when I fell in love...with Tokyo DisneySea.

We got in line for the DisneySea Electric Railway. (The Cast Member out front carefully explained it was a one-way trip, but we were wanting to go to Tower of Terror, so that was no problem!)


I love trolleys, and this one, while fanciful, felt so historic!




And 3...2...1...


Right around 10 AM (6 PM at home!), we started going past what look for all the world like circa 1900s buildings. Who would have thought that Japan would be an amazing place to get a taste of an idealized old-time New York? I was so captivated I only belatedly remembered to take photos for posterity.


And then the S.S. Columbia, ready to steam off at any moment!


From my journal: "Seeing American Waterfront's old buildings and the Columbia from an authentic-feeling electric trolley...that was when wonder and amazement caught me by the heart and held tight the rest of the day."

And then to step off in a piece of 1912 New York City...!


SO BEAUTIFUL!


It's just so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment