Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Journey to Tokyo Disney Resort - Part 25 - Toyville Trolley Park - 4/13/17

"The human took this picture to remind her what she did next...this is the restroom building...but it's so pretty!"


"Hey! More bears!"


"Here is my human talking about Toyville Trolley Park."

A quick stop by Toyville Trolley Park, which is fabulous and looks just like a tiny section of Coney Island (or at least what I've seen in my old postcards). I assume the main inspiration was Coney Island's glorious Luna Park which was known for its various minaret structures and amazing lights. Designating it a "trolley park" is perfect because to me, anyway, a trolley park conjures images of a smaller park accessed via trolley on the weekends, not a huge place like Coney Island.

"I get the feeling someone is watching me...."


"The human says..."

Woody is clearly inspired by the Funny Face of Steeplechase Park and the entrances in Australia's Luna Parks....but honestly, he's pretty creepy.


"SO MUCH DETAIL!"


"Heading toward the entrance to the park through American Waterfront. It feels so empty!"




"Oh wow...the show is not running, but we can look inside the lobby...!"


"How beautiful!"


No comments:

Post a Comment