Sunday, August 20, 2017

Craft: Dressing your SS-sized plush - Shirt edition (ShellieMay)


Continuing from the tutorial on removing and re-attaching SS-ShellieMay's bow, here is how to make the SS-sized Wishing Together ShellieMay's top removable!  (My SS-sized Spring Voyage ShellieMay's top just came off--I don't remember if any threads needed trimmed, but then you just squish her head out and she's free.)

Back to the Wishing Together top.

There are just a couple threads holding the top closed. Here it is from the inside.



A seam ripper can easily remove them. I think they are also attached to the front bow; it was very loose once I was done. So you could repurpose that bow into a tie, or put on new ties, and you'd be done! But I had decided to use a hook and eye.


I took the top off (over her hips so her cute head did not get squished). Then I sewed the bow back onto one side. Try to make sure it will be even when it's back on her and closed.

Next, I sewed an "eye" on one side of the gap. Up a bit higher would have been slightly better, but this should work fine since the gap is so small. (I started with blue thread before realizing it should probably be white to match the lining (!).


Once one side was sewn on, I closed it, put the hook through the eye, and sewed the hook into place.



I made sure it closed together OK.  It does!


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment