Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Duffy's Trip to San Francisco - Part 30 - Spiteful Genie - June 13, 2015

I wasn't quite ready to go home, but alas...we made our way to the airport. I suspect my suitcase fell over and I just thought the photo was funny.

"A nice place to sit!"

"An even nicer place to sit!"

Our flight got delayed...and delayed...and delayed some more...and more...and then moved to a different gate...and then delayed some more.....

So you ever heard of the game "spiteful genie"? You wish for something and then the other person says "Granted, but (something bad with it)."  

Long story short, I wasn't ready to go back home, so Southwest canceled our flight!  We got enough Southwest credit to make it worth my trouble, anyway, and we booked a hotel room for the night. (Eventually.)

Kind of a debacle, but these nice folks took care of us (in exchange for money).

"It has been a very long day and I would like to go to bed now."

Funny thing, my mom had said she wanted to stay in a hotel near the airport someday and watch the planes fly in....that wish was granted too! Just not quite the way we wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment